USB C to Thunderbolt port on 2011 iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You can get cables that are a few dollars cheaper from Amazon, but they aren't worth risking the aggravation.

Of course, many peripherals that come from respected manufacturers come with cables that are up to the task.

I will certainly agree with your comments about products from OWC and everything I have purchased from them over the years has been very satisfactory, and as far as cables go I'm assuming that Monoprice Cables still sells excellent products usually at very reasonable prices as they have done in the past with my dealings with them.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
I will certainly agree with your comments about products from OWC and everything I have purchased from them over the years has been very satisfactory, and as far as cables go I'm assuming that Monoprice Cables still sells excellent products usually at very reasonable prices as they have done in the past with my dealings with them.

My point wasn't that OWC sells good products (though they usually do). My point was that OWC sells USB/Thunderbolt cables with USB-C connectors that are universal. They work with all flavors of the USB and Thunderbolt protocols, at the best possible speed given your devices and computer. So there is no guesswork involved as to whether the cable is "compatible." See:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/02/18/owc-...erbolt-4-usb-c-cable-to-help-solve-confusion/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.