Upgrading Macbook Pro V. A1226

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an old Macbook Pro. I believe it is four or five years old. It's version(?) is A1226. I would like to perform some hardware upgrades to bring it up to speed with current standards. Are solid state drives available for this model that either replace the current harddrive or the optical drive? Are there RAM upgrades available that are compatible with the motherboard in this model beyond the current 4GB I have now, assuming I use a 64 bit OS? Does anyone have any reccomendations for particular brands or providers?
Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your machine is a 2007 15" MBP which Apple says can accept 4 GB of memory, however, MacTracker (who are usually right) states that it can take 6 GB of memory. And yes, your machine can accept a SSD hard drive in either the HD cavity or in place of the optical drive.

Check with the folks at Mac Sales (Other World Computing) for best prices and good quality SSDs and memory modules. Here is the LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.