Upgrade Thomson Gateway TG585 v7 on Mac?

Reaction score
My WoW has suddenly stopped working and after long attempts to solve it, it turns out it's most likely due to my connection, despite it not causing a problem in the past. Could someone possibly help me with upgrading my Thomson router to firmware using my mac?! (or however it works, but i'm using a mac).

I feel that with all the things I have already tried, this my help with my World of Warcraft. Using a mac for this seems to have been an issue on other pages, is there a way?

Thanks all!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A router's firmware is generally updated direct from the manufacturer. It doesn't matter whether you're using Mac OS X or Windows, the firmware update (if any) will be the same. You need to go to the manufacturer's home page, look up your router, check to see if there is a firmware update, and if there is, update it according to the manufacturer's instructions.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thomson TG585 v7 update on Mac?

MacBook Pro running OS X10.10.3

I have been told to find my manufacture's homepage and look up my specific router to find any updates but, funny as it sounds I can't find it anywhere?!

The router I'm using is:
Thomson TG585 v7

Can someone help me find this? Or does anyone have an idea how to update it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Merged threads - please keep your posts on this topic here in one thread. Thanks.

Need to check with the provider of that particular router - O2, Zen, whomever that might be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.