Updated to MacOS Monterey 12.6.1 - Concerns and Issues requiring Advice !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (early 2015) MacOS Catalina (December 14/19). Updated to macOS Monterey 12.6.1 (November
I am now into just the THIRD day with my MBA update to Monterey 12.6.1 from Catalina and I have these Issues/Concerns and/or Observations:

Login Screen is very BLAND !! - can it be "SPICED UP" somehow?

Monterey seems much less responsive/slower than Catalina !! (Login and overall performance).

Can no longer connect Bluetooth to my MBA from iPhone 13 Pro.

Can no longer add EMOJII's to my text messages.

Can no longer delete certain files as before in Catalina when accessing Library/Caches folder (see attached screenshots).

Any and all relative and applicable commentary/input/advice will be very much appreciated !!

John A.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 5.39.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 5.39.16 PM.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.43.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.43.13 AM.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
My problems with update 12.6.1 (slow boot or hang, everything sluggish) went away when I repaired Home folders permissions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I am now into just the THIRD day with my MBA update to Monterey 12.6.1 from Catalina and I have these Issues/Concerns and/or Observations:

Login Screen is very BLAND !! - can it be "SPICED UP" somehow?
The login screen has been the same for a long time with just background changes. The catalina screen was no more "spicier" than Monterrey or Big Sur or Sierra or High Sierra.

You should only be seeing the login screen when you restart your Mac which should be seldom. You'll be looking at the lock screen more often than not and why would you waste your time (even if you could do it) customizing a screen that you rarely see?

Monterey seems much less responsive/slower than Catalina !! (Login and overall performance).

That's not true. How are are you measuring the slowness? If anecdotally, then that's not going to help diagnose the problem.

Can no longer connect Bluetooth to my MBA from iPhone 13 Pro.

This shouldn't be a OS upgrade issue. Reset the SMC/PRAM. What happens when you go to the Bluetooth section?

Can no longer add EMOJII's to my text messages.

I have Emoji's on Monterrey, so that's also not true. What do you see in your window? What keyboard setting do you have set?

Can no longer delete certain files as before in Catalina when accessing Library/Caches folder (see attached screenshots).

Why are you deleting these files?

Any and all relative and applicable commentary/input/advice will be very much appreciated !!

John A.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.