Update to leopard 10.5.8 or Snow leopard

Reaction score
I have a big problem with my macbook pro 3,1. I can not update to leopard 10.5.8 or install the Snow Leopard. The problems are:

- When updated to 10.5.8 (now i found this problem also appears when updated to 10.5.6), after the update completing, the mac restart and it's screen will be dark. The mac was freeze. I have to install version 10.5 again.

- When install the Snow Leopard, after booting from the DVD, the screen also become dark and can not go further.

I'm the newbie of Mac so who knows to fix my problem please help me.

Below is my MBP information:
- Processor : santarosa 2,2GHZ
- Ram : 2G
- Boot Rom: MBP31.005E.B00
- SMC version: 1.16b3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Infact, while you are there, reboot from the install disk, select language and then go to utilities>disk utility in the menu bar.... verify disk, and repair disk if any errors come up.
Post back with results

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
what didn't work, you can't reboot and run any of the above tests?.... if you could, all the results were fine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.