Unlock My Phone

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I own an iPhone 5s (A1453) Sprint,
If I unlock it with turbosim.. Shall I be able to upgrade it...?

I am running my phone on 8.1.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yippee !!!

Whats your point ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Here is what I found doing a google search:

ios - what is Turbo sim unlocked iPhone ? how is differ with factory unlock and unlocked iphone? - Stack Overflow

A quick summary -
Turbo Sim: Pros: You can use it with any carrier with out officially unlocking your iPhone.

Cons: In order to do this you need to install some networking profiles on your iPhone, by using the software provided along with your turbo sim card . If you reset your phone you need to do all the steps to get it working.

As for updating iOS, the turbo sim provider will provide new updated version of the software when a new iOS is released. It usually takes them a while to updated their software. So you have to check their website and when the new download is available , then you should update your software in iPhone. Until then you have to keep waiting.

BTW: iOS 8.1.3 is out from Apple.
Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Before trying Turbo SIM, you may want to log into your Sprint account, and under the Manage Device section, there is an option to unlock your device. Well, that option is there in my account at least. Here is a link to their unlocking FAQ.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.