Uninstall Operating Systems on VMware Fusion?

Reaction score
I need to uninstall Windows XP Professional from VMware on a mac. I couldn't find any documentation on how to do this, so I tried to reinstall VMware and when it started up, the old XP was still there! How can I get rid of the XP?

Reaction score
great pacific north west (seattle suburbs)
Your Mac's Specs
1. g5 dual 1.8 (photo machine) 2. macbook pro 2.33 (do everything machine) 3. g4 dual 533 (family)
Will Microsoft remember my registering XP on that trashed virtual machine and will that prevent the installation of XP on an additional virtual machine given that MS only allows a single user license copy of their OS installed on 1 (or 2; laptop and desktop) machine? On a similar topic: does anyone know how to "decommission" software from one machine--say an old one no longer used-- so it can be reused on another one legally.

Reaction score
I have not found that to be an issue during the authentication process. Once I had to call MS on a similar issue (when I was having trouble with authentication between a boot camp partition and the associated VM under Fusion), and they were actually very helpful and pleasant - I told them I had an issue and had to reinstall the software on the same machine, and they gave me a new code and off I went. You should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.