• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Unable to update anything in iPad Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13inch mid 2012), 2.5 ghz , i5, 16 gig 1600 mhz, 1TB SSD, Mojave 10.14.6
There have been numerous update in the past that worked flawlessly, but now, virtually every program requires an update but I get the message that in the case of Facebook for example "Facebook cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID"

There are 2 Apple ID's I've used in 10 years, neither work and all passwords have been updated and double checked.

Raz0rEdge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac-Mini macOS Catalina 10.15.5, 32 GB
Go to the App Store on your iPad. On the top right (depending on the version of iOS) should be the logged in account. Click on it, then Purchased and you will see all the apps that are associated with that Apple ID. Any apps that need updates will have an Update button next to it, otherwise it will just say Open.

If the apps you want/need to update aren't listed there, switch Apple IDs and go through the same process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13inch mid 2012), 2.5 ghz , i5, 16 gig 1600 mhz, 1TB SSD, Mojave 10.14.6
Thanks Ashwin, tried that, but it didn't work. Sounds crazy, but I'm thinking about just deleting everything that doesn't want to update and starting from scratch.

Raz0rEdge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac-Mini macOS Catalina 10.15.5, 32 GB
The scorched earth method will definitely work and I would suggest sticking to a single Apple ID to avoid confusion in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Indeed. Trust me, the double ID was not by choice. A couple of years ago, Apple inexplicably cancelled my account. I was never able to ascertain why. I started over from scratch. Two years later I get an email stating my account has been re-instated. The two have been linked one way or another ever since. Some programs are tied to one, some to the other. One of those weird things that I was assured couldn't happen, but uhhhhhh, it apparently did.

chscag

Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, Numerous iPods, Catalina
For reasons of security, Apple will not merge Apple IDs or accounts. For best results, just follow what Ashwin advised regarding the use of your Apple ID in the future.

I know that in my own account I have numerous Apple apps that still show up but can't be downloaded because they are either no longer compatible (32 bit) or needed.

Have fun. :)