Unable to remove applications from sys-pref. !

Reaction score
Hello,
the whole thing started when shapeshifter wouldn't work ...!
I was trying to apply a theme, put it didn't work and I was not able to open any application what so ever.
I came over that by removing file from preferences, and I'm not able to use shapeshifter although it was working just fine.
Now, I want to remove itheater and propel from sys-pref. but a weird message appears that there is an error in preferences pane ?
and what can I do with shapeshifter, its 2.4, and original !

sorry for writing too much, but I really do need help. :[

thanx

OP
I
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I've been doin, no use, actually the message comes after me trying that.

Reaction score
is propel a screensaver app? You remove iTheatre via it's own Uninstaller or by dragging the folder/icon from your Apps folder to the Trash. Then you could do a Spotlight search for any crumbs left.

OP
I
Reaction score
I'm done with iTheater, but not propel.
and could you please tell me what to do with SS !

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty properly understanding exactly what issues you're having iTamaky. You're going to have to clearly outline what advice you need, and what steps you've already taken. I've asked you whether or not Propel is a screesaver app but so far there's been no reply either way.

OP
I
Reaction score
hi Pluse-b,
sorry about that, propel is a web accelerator....
as I said before, SS is not working , when I try to apply a new theme , I cant launch any application and they quit unexpectedly as the message says...
I came over that by removing my preferences file to desk top. Now, not able to remove applications from sys-pref.
I need help with SS , and with removing those applications...
thanx again

Reaction score
hi Pluse-b,
sorry about that, propel is a web accelerator....
as I said before, SS is not working , when I try to apply a new theme , I cant launch any application and they quit unexpectedly as the message says...
I came over that by removing my preferences file to desk top. Now, not able to remove applications from sys-pref.
I need help with SS , and with removing those applications...
thanx again

Try removing ShapeShifter with CleanApp.

Reaction score
Can you upload a screenshot of your System Preferences Window please, so I can see what's there?

Reaction score
Have a look in these two locations and tell me what you find:

MacintoshHD -> Library -> PreferencePanes -> ??

YourUserName -> Library -> PreferencePanes -> ??

.:EDIT:.

I just found the following info about Propel:

Using Propel Accelerator - Disable/Enable Propel Accelerator (from the Propel web site)

OP
I
Reaction score
MacintoshHD -> Library -> PreferencePanes -> applications "propel,Divx,cs2,and SS go figure !"

YourUserName -> Library -> PreferencePanes -> Nothing , empty

I've never usin it, propel that is !

Reaction score
As you can see from my attached image, Propel has it's own uninstaller.

The apps which you see in:

MacHD -> Lib -> PrefPanes that you wish to delete, drag them to your Trash but don't empty it yet.

Restart your Mac and we'll continue from there.

Picture 5.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.