Unable to Purchase AppleCare After 60 Days

Reaction score
Apple is refusing extended care online saying if not in 60 days .....not available. Having 4 other Apple products this is the first time hearing this ......in the past have always waited to purchase extended warranty due to the device cost ........anyone know whats going on with AppleCare ?.........thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Dennis,

I read and understand the English, but would you mind explaining in detail what you mean? Best way might be to post links to the sources of your comments.

I am not criticising you in any way; just looking for clarity:);)

Ian

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
Bought new M1 2020 air in march 2023 ....went to buy extended coverage online today and was told that they refuse to sell extra coverage to this serial number. It had to be purchased within 60 days of device purchase......after 15 years and 5 devices from apple this is the first time i run into this. Used to be if bought within a year 3 year coverage was possible. Thanks for the critique hope this clears it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
AppleCare purchasing has changed over the years. Now it is restricted to 60 days after purchase.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
it had to be purchased within 60 days of device purchase......after 15 years and 5 devices from apple this is the first time i run into this,

Give Apple Customer Care a call and explain your previous experience with previous Apple products let them know that you were not impressed with their current lack of extension coverage.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Give Apple Customer Care a call and explain your previous experience with previous Apple products let them know that you were not impressed with their current lack of extension coverage.

That's another thing that has changed at Apple. It used to be that you could escalate things to Apple's Customer Relations, and they would often do whatever was necessary to make you happy if you had a good case. Those days are gone. Now they will just refer you back to Support.

As far as I can tell, the level above Customer Relations, which was called Executive Relations, is gone too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That's another thing that has changed at Apple. It used to be that you could escalate things to Apple's Customer Relations, and they would often do whatever was necessary to make you happy if you had a good case. Those days are gone. Now they will just refer you back to Support.

As far as I can tell, the level above Customer Relations, which was called Executive Relations, is gone too.

Thanks for the update Randy, and I assume that policy has gone worldwide.

That's unfortunate and I guess that's what happens when you finally get rich enough that you can tell your faithful customers to just go to ****. That's sad and they must have spent a lot of time and money building up that reputation. Now it seems, I guess it's just the screw you Fateful Finger one receives for any Customer Support. :thumbdown

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that previously it has worked for folks to write to Tim Cook and appeal any decision that seemed unfair. As far as I know, that still works:

[email protected]

Obviously, he doesn't read and answer e-mail messages to this address himself. But someone with some authority to get things done seems to.

On the other hand, I once wrote to [email protected] (when he was still alive), and I actually got through directly to Steve and we had a discussion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.