Unable to Login with Mac-Forum Mobile Application

FlyerKumar

Reaction score
It says I do not have permission when I try to login with Mac-Forums mobile application for iOS and iPadOS:

IMG_3094.jpeg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
When you first joined us, did you do that on a Mac or on an iDevice? It would have required a name - mine is IWT - and a password.

If you stored both name and Password (PW) in Keychain and if you have Keychain synced across all devices via iCloud, then you should be able to log in from any Device.

Firstly, try logging in on the Device you used for your very first log in. Confirm that works.

Then, on an iPhone or iPad, try logging in via Safari - ie use Safari to get to the Forums, then log in; rather than use the Mobile app. The Mobile app be misbehaving?

Ian

OP
F

FlyerKumar

Reaction score
When you first joined us, did you do that on a Mac or on an iDevice? It would have required a name - mine is IWT - and a password.

If you stored both name and Password (PW) in Keychain and if you have Keychain synced across all devices via iCloud, then you should be able to log in from any Device.

Firstly, try logging in on the Device you used for your very first log in. Confirm that works.

Then, on an iPhone or iPad, try logging in via Safari - ie use Safari to get to the Forums, then log in; rather than use the Mobile app. The Mobile app be misbehaving?

Ian

Everything wss done an an iPad and/or iPhone.

I used the same user account name and password that I use for this website and it says not authorized. I tried clearing the cache: same result.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Okay. How are you logging in now? - you've posted twice on this htread successfully.

Ian

OP
F

FlyerKumar

Reaction score
Okay. How are you logging in now? - you've posted twice on this tread successfully.

Ian
Via a web browser (Safari 🧭) only, not the iOS/iPadOS mobile application from the Apple App Store.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your prompt reply :) .

For the time being, keep using that method - it's what I do all the time.

I wonder if you have the correct Mobile app? In the App Store, I used "Search" and inputted "Mac-Forums" (note the - between Mac and Forums). It comes up as M-Forums Mobile with a small square in which is "Mac" with "Forums" underneath it.

Ian

OP
F

FlyerKumar

Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply :) .

For the time being, keep using that method - it's what I do all the time.

I wonder if you have the correct Mobile app? In the App Store, I used "Search" and inputted "Mac-Forums" (note the - between Mac and Forums). It comes up as M-Forums Mobile with a small square in which is "Mac" with "Forums" underneath it.

Ian

I included the hyperlink with the URL to it above 👆 as well as repeated here.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I included the hyperlink with the URL to it above 👆 as well as repeated here.

So you did. My error. I apologise. Well, you seem to have the correct App and I can't figure out why it rejects your Login. At least you can get to us via your browser.

Maybe one of our Admins or Mods might be able to assist?

Ian

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I was logged in and looks like now it no longer works. We'll look into it.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Gosh, I'd forgotten about the M-Forums app, been years since I've used it but I see it's working on my iPhone and I'm still logged in.
It's a nice little app and certainly filled a need when released but I stopped using it when I could not find a way to get email reply notifications to open in the M-Forums app.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.