UK repair services

Reaction score
iPad Mini circa 2014.

Working fine for almost 6 years, battery condition fine, battery ran down to almost zero charge, plugged in to charge again. Nothing. iPad gets warm to the touch but does not charge and will not switch on. Tried all the Internet potential fixes nothing worked.

Battery charging circuit fault? Or battery? Not sure. Anywhere in the UK I could possibly get it it repaired?

Any advice appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Tried all the Internet potential fixes nothing worked.

Can we have more specific's please? I don't think we want to suggest things that have already been tried.:)

Anywhere in the UK I could possibly get it it repaired?

Getting the battery replaced might be worth it (if the issue is battery related). Otherwise a 2014 iPad Mini may not have enough residual value to be worth repairing.

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
6 years is longer than what the battery is designed for. The charging circuity is fine, the battery is unable to charge itself and as such all that voltage being routed into it is just making everything hot. If you plan on keeping the iPad, you need a new battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Most phone repair shops (if open) will look at it and give a quote. There are online services which may be a better bet just now. Google search 'ipad repairs' in/near your locality.

Just looked for the new mini with Apple - £399 for 64gb and they would only give £50 trade in for my excellent, fully working iPad mini2 which is about the same vintage as yours. No refurbished showing today but it updates regularly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.