Two issues...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac Mini
Issue one: Kensington Expert Mouse, the new KensingtonWorks software won't let me assign a critical button that I need. I emailed Kensington, they eventually sent me instructions via email that didn't work. I suspect that a file I found that they didn't mention is causing the problem, and I want to delete it, but it won't delete. Kensington's online support hasn't been available, they say not to respond via email, and signing in via their web site keeps me in an infinite loop of assigning new passwords with no access. So my only way to go is to wait for another update, or perhaps get rid of this file somehow. I'll attach screen shots of the file.

I did start up in Safe Mode, but that didn't allow me to delete the file.

Issue two: I was a knuckle-head in that I ordered a Kensington Slimbllade Trackball, hopefully to get around my Expert Trackball's issue, and when getting it out of it's bubble-wrap, I half-cut through the cord. It is possible to splice it back together like a normal wire?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.53.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.53.59 PM.png
    30 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.54.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 4.54.12 PM.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 13

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're likely going to have to disable SIP in order to delete that file since it's protected. I'm surprised though that if Kensington provided an uninstall procedure, that it did not remove the file. That file by the way is a driver file.

As to your second question.... you can probably splice the cable together if you're careful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.