• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

two buttoned apple mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
*sigh* It's not inconceivable, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I like the "Realated articles" headline under the article: "Macworld Poll: 34 percent say Apple Mac one-button mouse a mistake - April 07, 2004" I think a two?-button-scroller would be welcomed by this 1/3 of the Mac using population. The rest of us will be happy that the multibutton minority won't have anything more to complain about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I love my one button mouse. its efficient, and easier to use IMO in apps like illustrator and photoshop, especially for brush and pen tools. I wouldnt buy a 2 button mouse even if it was by apple, plus the 1 button mouse has style and class that no other mouse has.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Macman said:
I love my one button mouse. its efficient, and easier to use IMO in apps like illustrator and photoshop, especially for brush and pen tools. I wouldnt buy a 2 button mouse even if it was by apple, plus the 1 button mouse has style and class that no other mouse has.

I agree. I really like the one click now that I think about it. I like to hear switchers complain about the one button mouse.

OP
T

Thud

Macman said:

I love my 2-button mouse with scroll wheel. It's efficient, and easier to use IMO in apps like web browsers, word processors, music programs, Finder, illustrator, and photoshop. I wouldn't buy a 1 button mouse, ever. Form over function aside, the Logitech MX series are some of the best looking mice ever created.

The only problem is that there really aren't any good bluetooth mice out there yet. Hopefully apple's 2-button will finally deliver.

I just find a 1-button mouse to be severely crippling. Like removing half the keys from a keyboard. It's easier for a 1-button mouser to use a 2-button mouse (because you don't HAVE to use the other buttons if they are too confounding).

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

I use this two button mouse, bluetooth of course: http://www.dvforge.com/macmice.shtml

colore.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
MichaelSullivan said:
I use this two button mouse, bluetooth of course: http://www.dvforge.com/macmice.shtml

colore.jpg

How do you like The Mouse BT? I was just about to buy one, but chickened out. How is the build quality? How about battery life and signal stregth. I use an Apple BT mouse right now, and I don't want to get the DV Forge model if it isn't as good as what I'm already using.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
**** froze over!!!!
apple insider reports that apple is working on two buttoned mouse. no details so far but they say "jaws will drop".

at last after 10 years apple realized "that right click could be useful!! ;)

I guess apple will get lots of jokes for this :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I would kill for a decent 2-buttoned with scroll feature bluetooth apple mouse.

I'd pay €60,- for one!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Pretty interesting about the two button mouse, as I've said before in the two other threads, I like to hear switchers complain about the one button mouse. Hey, I'm sorry; I feed off of humor. LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
Aptmunich said:

I'd pay €60,- for one!

yea, its going to be wireless and same price as todays wireless apple mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Aptmunich said:

I'd pay €60,- for one!

i would give Steve Jobs my first born :spook:

ok... that a little harsh.... maybe.... :p

but a 2 Button Apple Mouse would be sweet

OP
T

Thud

bassplayrr said:
How do you like The Mouse BT? I was just about to buy one, but chickened out. How is the build quality? How about battery life and signal stregth. I use an Apple BT mouse right now, and I don't want to get the DV Forge model if it isn't as good as what I'm already using.

-Chris

I hope that Apple's looks something like that. More important than the second button, IMO, is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel is one of those "how did I ever get along without it" things. It's like Expose... sure, you CAN get along fine without it (as one-button-mouse users will tell you), but once you start using it, it just makes the whole experience that much better.

I bet Apple will probably "think different" and put the buttons on top of each other or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use a 2 button mouse regularly at school, with a scroll wheel, they're all macs, but the school bought logitech mouses when the apple mouses started being stolen. I definitely don't enjoy that mouse more than mine in anyway, scroll wheel is ok, I prefer using the page up/page down and home and end buttons here and my one button mouse.
plus , the 1 button mouse has sorta become a symbol, class and style, along with apples hardware, and the fact that they're the ONLY company innovative enough to pull off such a thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
A Single Button Mouse is a joke. I can't believe Apple hasn't got a two button mouse yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nah, Ill keep my one button mouse. isnt there another HUGE thread on this started the other day?

Reaction score
One main that I like the use of a 2 button mouse is the copy and paste feature. I really getting annoyed by dragging pics or open apple and "C" button

OP
T

Thud

Macman said:
the 1 button mouse has sorta become a symbol, class and style, along with apples hardware, and the fact that they're the ONLY company innovative enough to pull off such a thing.

That's the funniest thing I've read all morning. What innovation? The fact that you have control-click which does the same thing as right click?
Expose is innovation. The dock is innovation (brought to the Mac from NeXTStep). However, working around the limitations of a 1-button mouse is not innovation.

And yes, apple has always been known for producing symbols of class and style.

Remember this?
mac_mouse_skillset.jpg

It certainly looked different from any other mouse, but this is probably THE single most hated abomination of an input device ever created.

Rest assured that Apple's 2-button mouse will also be a symbol of class and style which is obviously item #1 on the list of things to look for in a computer accessory. I plan on getting one myself, if it has a scroll wheel-- but my reasons are because it will be the first bluetooth mouse that satisfies all my requirements, not because of feng shui.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ooooh i remember that mouse

**dies**

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.