• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Trying to track down more info on this error

Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
6
This error just started showing up in my log in the last few days. The only software installed, or update recently was the addition of a Wacom tablet. Everything appears to be working properly but I would like to pin down the cause of this new error if possible.

I tried uninstalling the Wacom software but the error persists. Don't know how good the uninstaller is or what settings/permissions etc. it possibly doesn't revert.

It is also possible that the error is not related to the Wacom and that concerns me more.

How do I dig deeper into what the service is trying to do that is failing?
What path is not allowed, etc?

error.JPG
 
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
7,823
Reaction score
139
Points
63
Location
13th state, U.S.A.
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 11 iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13, Late 2014 Mac Mini macOS 10.15
Tell us about your Mac, re: model year and OS version, and also more information about the Wacom tablet, re: model and software installed/uninstalled?
 
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
13,218
Reaction score
208
Points
63
Location
Brentwood Bay, BC, Canada
This error just started showing up in my log in the last few days.

In what specicic log is this message showing???

Is the message showing up in a window on your Desktop or are you having to use the Console.app to access and view the message???

Where was the screenshot that you attached taken from???



- Patrick
======
 
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Tell us about your Mac, re: model year and OS version, and also more information about the Wacom tablet, re: model and software installed/uninstalled?
It is a MacBook Pro Early 2011 running High Sierra. The Wacom is a Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet USB version.

At the moment the Wacom software is still uninstalled and I am still seeing the error when the computer starts.

I noticed the error with a few days of installing the software, but it may be coincidental. The error is logged at startup in the system.log in the Console. Everything appears to be working fine, but since this error is fairly new I would like to get to the bottom of what is causing it. There must be some way to expand on what the process is trying to do and what "path in the target domain" is not allowed.

I also created a test user account and the message still appears so it is a system level issue.

the jpg attached is just a screen grab from the Console > system log. I tried to post it as text but something in the text was causing it not to post, so I just turned it into a jpg :)
 
Last edited:
Top