Trying to put an OS back on my macbook!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, I just put a hard drive in my macbook because my hard drive went out... My macbook is a 2 GHZ intel core duo... I bought a used hard drive off of ebay... It is a Fujitsu 160GB 2.5" it does have the apple logo on the hard drive...

So, I put the new hard drive in and this is what it is doing... There is a folder in the middle of the screen and it is just flashing... I have a burned copy of leopard... I have never tested the DVD/CD before because I had no way to test it... This is what I am doing... I am installing the DVD/CD and holding down The control button then restarting the macbook... The macbook takes the DVD/CD and makes some noise that it is reading or trying to read maybe a minute or a little less goes by and it spits the dvd/cd back out...

So, I don't know if I need to format some other way or missing some step I need to do... Maybe my DVD/CD rom isn't working... It did work before the computers hard drive went out... Also, since I never had a way to test the DVD "CD" maybe its not a good copy...

Any suggestion before I go and buy an external DVD/CD drive to try that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
When you say you burned a copy of Leopard, are we to assume it's not an official Apple disc? No help here if that's the case. Buy Snow Leopard, it's cheap enough, and then try.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As Kevriano stated, no help for an illegal copy of Leopard. Either buy a legal copy or a copy of Snow Leopard as he advises. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.