Trovi malware and Mackeeper Trojan

Reaction score
My macbook 2010 has been infected with Trovi. Does anyone know a reliable way of getting rid of it. (and Mackeeper! It seems to have been a huge mistake to have installed it ).I also can't get rid of it. No uninstall, no trash. The methods suggested and tried so far have proven fruitless, or worse. The computer has now slowed to a crawl, not allowing me to open sites or close them down. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Reaction score
Download this: http://www.adwaremedic.com/AdwareMedic.dmg
Use another computer if necessary and put it on a USB stick.
Run it. It will get rid of most malware.
If you don't have access to another computer, copy and paste the link into your browser, do not just click it.
To get rid of Trovi, remove it from your extensions (or add-ons if using Firefox).
Reset the browser.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try that link.As for extensions in Safari, Trovi is not visible. I am connected to Apple to download extensions. I don't see my own. Maybe I am missing a link here.

M

MacInWin

Thanks. I will try that link.As for extensions in Safari, Trovi is not visible. I am connected to Apple to download extensions. I don't see my own. Maybe I am missing a link here.
I think you misunderstood. What you need to check is in Safari/Preferences/Extensions and see if Trovi is there. If it is, remove it.

It won't be at the Apple store.

Reaction score
Yeah, what he said^^^
It'll be here:

Extensions 2014-11-21 03-23-10.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.