Trouble with remote XP desktop (RDP)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Although I'm not new to 'nix operating systems, I am fairly new to Mac, so please pardon what is probably a very simple question.

I've got an Intel-based iMac running Leopard, and I'm trying to remote into a XP machine at another location/office. It actually connects fine, but I can't get my system drive to appear on the XP machine I'm connecting to.

I've selected the all drives option in the RDC preferences (and am using Microsoft's latest 2.x release).

What is puzzling me is that my local share points (hosted on a local Linux server running Netatalk) show up on the XP machine when I connect to it (and I can access them fine from XP), but my local system drive does not.

I tried sharing a particular folder (one on my desktop) and that doesn't work. I don't ever get errors when I connect... I just don't get the results I want.

BTW, I am aware of the security implications involved with sharing my hard drive to a remote machine. My reasons for needing this feature are varied and complicated.

Anyhow, if anyone could give me a push in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Are you sharing the drives with just AFP? Did you enable SMB on the shares?

Try using CoRD versus MS RDP.

OP
U
Reaction score
So do I need to share my system drive so it is available via SMB before it will show up on the XP end?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.