• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Trouble with listening to internet audio clips

Reaction score
I am having trouble when clicking on some audio clips on the net. I was trying on this page:
http://www.redhotjazz.com/ldchot4.html

and I get a pop-up window titled "RealPlayer AutoUpdate" saying "Some needed components were not available. (RA 3.0)"
Anyone know how I can listen to these clips?
Thank you!
Justin

Reaction score
Did the same for me ... can't figure this out ... don't know how you can listen otherwise ... unless you had XP installed on your Mac ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Nope didn't work on my MacBook only works on my PC. The update required only seems available for Windows.

OP
J
Reaction score
Now I found the solution. You can download the previous version of RealPlayer - version 10.0.0. Then everything works fine. It seems the problem is with the new version. Sorry I do not remember where to download it from. I found this answe by searching google for "Some needed components were not available." and "RA 3.0". Or actually I just searched "RA 3.0" and "mac". The place to download it was given on another forum.

Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.