Trouble with Attachments

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Air, running 10.8.5. Lately, I can't send any emails with attachments (even very small - 100k). I use Mail v 6.6. I haven't made any changes...no upgrades or software installations. The emails try to send then stall and sit in the outbox. I have no trouble with emails without attachments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have a MacBook Air, running 10.8.5. Lately, I can't send any emails with attachments (even very small - 100k). I use Mail v 6.6. I haven't made any changes...no upgrades or software installations. The emails try to send then stall and sit in the outbox. I have no trouble with emails without attachments.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You might want to provide more information on your email accounts, e.g. ISP being used and which account(s) is having the problem - may not be mail but the account server(s), so check their site via a web browser.

For starters, however, try power recycling your modem & router, i.e. pull the power wait, power up the modem first and then the router (of course, you may have just one device serving both purposes). If the latter does not work and you find no useful information regarding my first suggestion above, then deleting the offending account and setting it up again might help (I'm assuming you're using an IMAP account so your mail should be stored on their servers depending on your settings). Let us know - Dave

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Rebooting the router did it and I feel stupid for not thinking of it. I do reboot when internet access is altogether gone, but I've never had this problem before. I appreciate the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks for the response. Rebooting the router did it and I feel stupid for not thinking of it. I do reboot when internet access is altogether gone, but I've never had this problem before. I appreciate the help!

GREAT! Glad that the solution was an easy one for you. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.