Trouble syncing Calendar and Google Calendar

Reaction score
Hi! I recently changed from iPhone to Samsung...but I'm all Apple otherwise. I used a Samsung app to migrate all my data including calendars. All fine.

Problem comes when I add an event to my Google Calendar on my Note4 - it does not appear in my Calendar app on my Mac (Yosemite). I have added the Google account - so if I add an event on the mac, it syncs straight away to my phone.

BUT, if I add an event on my Note4...nothing happens on my Mac. Event does not sync.

I have the refresh set to every minute, have opened and closed the Calendar app...but stymied so far, and I really do need this to work.

Please could someone give me a heads up on how to get this to sync correctly. Thank you!

Jenny

Reaction score
The reason is the note is on one version of android and the samsung phone you are using is on another type of android o.s.

Simple solution.

Connect the note 4 to the internet wireless connection then go into your account settings in settings and make sure the settings say backup and sync to google.

Then go into your system settings again under about device and look for the software update tab the latest version for that tablet should be 4.2.2 was the last supported update unless samsung has placed a new one out.

OP
J
Reaction score
Clarifying

Hi,

Perhaps I created a bit of confusion.

I've got a Macbook Pro and a Note4.

The issue is the syncing on Calendar/Google Calendar between the two.

If I enter an event on the Mac, it appears on my phone. If I enter an event on my phone (Note4), it doesn't appear on the mac.

So it syncs halfway...but not all the way.

Thank you so much,
Jenny

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need this application in order for the syncing to work. Not free though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.