Transferring photos from Mac to USB Drive

Reaction score
I currently have a Mac OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.4, 1.4 GHz, Intel Core i5.

I have been attempting to transfer photos from the Mac to a USB drive. I try to use this to copy the photos to an XP computer for storage.
The XP is not connected to the Internet, due to an experience with Ransom Ware. The photos are club photos and are historic archives.

I am able to transfer the photos individually to the desktop and then to the USB Drive, but with hundreds of photos, it is very time consuming.
I am sure that there is an easier way, but have been unable to find such a method.

If such a method cannot be found, is it possible to burn the photos, in albums, to a CD, using the MAC CD Drive?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Charlie.......

Reaction score
You can select multiple photos by holding the Command key and clicking on multiple pictures. You can also try click the first photo, then pressing Shift and clicking the last photo to select all photos in between. Then drag this to the USB drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Unfortunately, photos will not drag. I have tried every way imaginable to drag and drop. Doesn't work.

Charlie......

Reaction score
Are you dragging the photos from the Photos for Mac app? If yes, try File > Export and export directly to your USB drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Pull all the photos into a new album in Photos (or a folder on the desktop) then do as yogi suggests.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.