Transfer itunes library from imac to ipad mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - Intel
When I connect my new iPad Mini3 to my iMac (running OS 10.10.1), it does not sync the iTunes music that's on the iMac. I followed the iTunes Help procedure, but don't get the same screens it shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.5; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.5; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
When I connect my new iPad Mini3 to my iMac (running OS 10.10.1), it does not sync the iTunes music that's on the iMac. I followed the iTunes Help procedure, but don't get the same screens it shows.

Do you have the most recent version of iTunes (see screen capture below from my opened iTunes on a MBPro)? Also, with your iPad cabled - select 'Music' in the left panel and look @ your 'Sync' options - what is selected?

For myself, I like to 'load' music onto my iPad manually by dragging playlists to the device - see second screen shot - also check in iTunes 'Preferences' - i.e. there are a number of places that syncing can be controlled - here's an Apple Support Article that might also help. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 11.59.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 12.09.57 PM.png

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - Intel
iPad issue with iTunes

Thanks for the reply, Dave. As you can see from my attachments, I am running the latest version of iTunes. On the Summary screen, "Manually manage videos" is the only appropriate check box I have (ie. no Manually manage music and videos).

Not sure how to proceed from here.

Ned

About iTunes.png

Summary screen.png

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - Intel
Ah. I just discovered the problem. I had iTunes Match turned on. Once I turned it off, all my music transferred from the iMac to the iPad. Hooray!

Thanks for the help,
Ned

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.