Trackpad gesture puts MacBook Pro to Sleep

Reaction score
This has happened quite a few times after I bought my MacBook Pro back in July 22, 2013. Sometimes I, inadvertently, do a random gesture with my fingers on the trackpad and the machine puts itself on sleep mode. I have tried a simple search about this but I haven't found somebody with this specific situation or I don't know hot to call it and therefore I can't find more info. Please, if someone knows anything about this I'll be forever grateful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
check your system preferences - have you set a hot corner to allow the display to sleep?

system preferences
mission control
hot corners

OP
P
Reaction score
Still no luck

check your system preferences - have you set a hot corner to allow the display to sleep?

system preferences
mission control
hot corners

I checked, but I have no active hot corners. :[ Thank you anyways!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks a lot. It worked for me.

A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

I'm glad you searched for, and found, a solution to your problem. Just goes to show that even a 7 year old Thread has its merits.

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I too use the bottom left Hot Corner for Sleep.
Hot Corners seems to be one of those "hidden" features of macOS. I have a Hot Corner for Mission Control top right, it is integral to how I use my MBP and multiple desktops.
Honestly I wonder how many people use it or if they did see it would know what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.