tomtom ONE - mac software

Reaction score
Hi - can anyone help with my tomtom one software? I bought a tomtom one (revised edition) at the weekend and can't get the software and tomtom working. Is anyone running it ok on a mac? Basically, I downloaded the tomtom home software in order to sync the device to my mac and everything is fine. When I connect the USB cable to the tomtom though and turn it on, the tomtom software just quits all the time. I can see the tomtom as a removable disc device on the desktop so my computer is recognising it all ok. Have reset the tomtom and reinstalled the software all ok but still no difference. Can anyone help me as tomtom support is so slow!! Thanks :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
What if you turn it on before turning it on? Just a crazy idea... :p

What do your /var/log/messages say after the program closes?

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi - thanks! Have tried all different combinations i.e. turning unit on before connecting, turning on afer connecting etc. etc. Sorry but although use my mac loads I'm not really into the programming side etc....how do I look at the var/log/messages? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 dual 1.8 / G4 Dual 867 / iBook G3
Hi i use the TomTom Go 700, and occasionally the software does quit, i find that repairing permissions, and making real sure that i am using the most current version of the TomTom software this link ( http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17 ) goes to the tomtom NEW Edition.

It could however be a software or hardware conflict ( eg anti virus , or another USB device being silly )

But i do find that the TomTom Software on my Mac is a little ' flightily '

Also have a look at the Panic / crash logs

OP
L
Reaction score
Hooray! Thanks for your help - have fixed the problem. Followed your link and downloaded home software again. Also, quit my antivirus software before connecting the tomtom this time. All worked fine and home launched this time without quitting. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 dual 1.8 / G4 Dual 867 / iBook G3
Cool! glad to help, anti virus is a pain! and on my G5 dual i run nothing ( though all my email is filtered server end anyway ).

Sometimes it is possible to download a file, and it ends up slightly corrupt.

Anyway glad it worked, now you can download the speed camera's POI into your tomtom!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.