TokenFactoryIFrame

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Apple Watch: IPad Mini 3: Iphone 12 Pro
Good Morning!

This (TokenFactoryIFrame) flew into my download icon on my MacBook Pro when I opened my Outlook 365 for work. I did not click on anything, in fact as Outlook was opening, I saw it fly into the download icon. I have no idea if Outlook has anything to do with this except that it happened at the same time, maybe just coincidence. Anyway I searched these forums and did not find any info. I did a Malwarebytes scan, a DetectX scan and a VirusBarrier scan and nothing was found. I found online Token Factory Iframe Mac Virus Removal that this is browser hijacker software and they recommend downloading Spyhunter to remove it completely. Can you please advise me what to do? Thanks a bunch.

Allison

Token Factory L Frame.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Is there an actual file in your Downloads folder? Did you receive a spam email associated with the file downloaded?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is an actual file, shown below. It is zero bytes and a DOC file File.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Just delete it.;)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I deleted it per Ian's advice and I wanted to use my browser a bit and see if it did anything weird, and there is nothing going on. I read the articles Patrick posted and interesting to note it I was not prompted to download anything, it just downloaded on its own. I have been using Outlook for years on this MacBook. The other articles say it's been fixed so I will have to disagree that it's been fixed. I will ask my IT department tomorrow at work, maybe they know something more about this. Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.