Toggling between windows Mac Mail

Reaction score
When in Full Screen Mode, I cannot toggle back to the main window while composing a new message. I have to cancel and save the message as a draft and then re-open it when I have done whatever it is I am needing to do in the main window (e.g. check some detail in another mail). This is an inconvenience. Any work-arounds?

M

MacInWin

Don't use full screen mode. Just stretch the window to the max size and leave a tiny bit of desktop showing. Make sure that the main window of Mail is visible in that tiny slice. Now you can click on that slice to go back to the main Mail and leave the compose window open.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried that. A bit clunky but it works. Thing is, I like full screen mode. It just has some dumb shortcomings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
I never used full screen mode, but as a guess: System Preferences | Desktop & Screen Saver --> Hot Corners (bottom right). Set one of the corners to Mission Control and other to Application Windows. The latter should bring up the menu bar in full screen mode...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.