This is what Macminute
* 1:00 Online Apple Store down
* 1:05 Event has begun
* Steve Jobs is going over recent annoucments -- 12" PowerBook, 17" PowerBook, Safari, Keynote, iLife Final Cut Pro 4.
* "Today we are going to innovate more?'
* Running the old Rip. Mix. Burn." ad
* Talking about iTunes, iPod
* Talking what Rip. Mix. Burn. "really means" -- "Acquire. Manage. Listen."
* 700,000 iPods sold -- number 1 in the world
* new iPods 3rd generation - 10GB 15GB 30GB
* Lighter than the weight of 2 cds in their cases and thinner higher contrast screen, FireWire connector on the bottom, new dock, back-lit buttons, buttons above scroll wheel, line-out on the dock, USB 2.0 (firmware in June) adapter cable $19, Mac and Windows in one box.
* iPods add AAC support. On-the-go playlist directly on the iPod. Customizable main menu. Alarm and 2 more games -- solitare and parachute.
* Jobs giving demo of the "On-the-Go" playlist and main menu customization.
* 10GB - $299, 15GB - $399, 30GB - $499 -- available Friday
* (Dock, case, remote only wiht 15 and 30.)
* iTunes 4 announced:
o Adding AAC
o Adding Rendevous support
o Let you access songs from other macs
o can now backup music to DVDR
o (demoing Rendezvous)
o (It doesn't copy the music...so it's not illegal)
* Talking about Napster
* Jobs: "Internet was built for music deliver."
* Jobs is talking about the upside and downside of file sharing services;
* Jobs says 200,000 tracks are available from Apple's service with unlimited CD burning.
* The service works with all iPod models and on up to three Macs.
* All songs are encoded in 128bit AAC, many of which sound better than a CD.
* There are free 30 second previews and CD cover artwork says Jobs, "AND its not stealing -- its good karma."
* The iTunes Music Store, as Apple has called it, offers 1-click downloads (similar to Amazon.com) whehter it is a song or complete album.
* Apple says it is literally one-button to buy a song within iTunes.
* Jobs says it is easy to find music, as it is organized nicely. It is even easy to find music you have never heard of.