TOC in Pages

Reaction score
New member here,

I can import Word files that have two or even three columns in their tables of contents, but I can't figure out how to create a two-column TOC in Pages. Anyone know this?

Thank You!''Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Hello, and welcome.

Can you define what you mean by "two-column TOC"?

OP
W
Reaction score
sure...

Hello, and welcome.

Can you define what you mean by "two-column TOC"?

I made a table of contents that runs vertically down the page but it is two pages long. Since it is only 3.5 inches wide, I'd like to male two colums running vertically down the page and make a one page long TOC. It's a cinch to do in Word, but in pages when you enter formatting for TOC, the usual column commands disappear. I'm wondering if there is another way.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not the greatest at using Pages (I need to use Office for the work I do) but I believe you can first create a two column page and then insert your TOC. It should then flow from column one to column two. Have you tried that? (This is with Pages 5.6.1) I haven't tested it so not sure it will work the way it should.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.