Toast Titanium 7

Reaction score
This is a PowerMAC I have inherited from someone who left our company. I have Toast Titanium 7 and when I try and burn a DVD I get errors on the burned DVD's. These problems occur about 60%+ of the time. I drag and drop several AVI files into Toast and select the button to burn the DVD. After the burn when I check the DVD I will see the main menu that was created by Toast. If I select the first menu option I am taken to the scenes selection area. I double click on any scene and the screen will start jumping through the scenes screen. It will not play any scene. However, if I restart the DVD and select the second menu option and select a scene in it, the scene and the movie will play. This does not happen all the time. I have changed media from DVD- to DVD+ with the same results. I have even connected an external DVD burned that works on another system and I get the same results. The problem seems to follow Toast. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
About the only suggestions I have is to burn at a slower rate and\or change the media brand. BTW, I have never had good results with DVD-R media and only use DVD+R. Also, is this only happening with AVI type files for burn? How about other video codecs? Reason I ask is because of the highly compressed format that AVI uses.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
See if the IT manager knows registration details and make sure Toast is right up to date as there were several upgrades to Toast 7. Use Verbatim media and never had a coaster yet (touches wood).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.