• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

toast titanium 11 and conversions

Reaction score
ok guys i took the plunge and bought toast titanium 11 to convert my avchd files for editing in final cut pro x.I have converted them to aid apple intermediate codec and its ok but not great.How do i convert to prores 422 the toast help line said i could do it via toast but it doesn't give me the option to convert to it.All then free trials i tried also don't convert to proves so I'm stuck.Maybe you know of a better file to convert to for editing that will still keep the quality as best i can.One last thing ...if i did use the aic for editing when I've finished and burn to a movie on a disc will the quality get better.
Thanks in advance for any replies Lee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.