To all moderators...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
i don't know if you noticed it already, but people more and more use way too big signatures, being it text, pictures or both...
It is quite annoying because it wastes space, and it case of pictures slows down Internet traffic when opening a thread with lots of posts containing them. This might not be an issue if you have broadband, but with a 56k Modem connection it definitely IS an issue.

Anyway, what's the point of a big sig, if the post itself often is only a few words? Isn't the post the most important thing?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
There is a size limit on avatars - 480x80 or 4 lines of text. Also the maximum filesize for a signature is 15k. If you see any that you suspect are larger than this then please tell us and we will investigate.

I

Icarus

I think that Icarus's signature is WAY bigger than what's allowed. Prolly should ban him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well, consider it done!

Yeah, we've got all the rules posted somewhere... (LIKE EVERY FORUM)

members choose to ignore the rules... we inform them, they get pist.. and we change it... they get bitter start fights and are just down right rude. We ban them... and thats pretty much how its been going... not a good system.. but it works.

OP
Avalon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
muso said:
There is a size limit on avatars - 480x80 or 4 lines of text. Also the maximum filesize for a signature is 15k. If you see any that you suspect are larger than this then please tell us and we will investigate.

4 lines of text?!? Well, there are A LOT people here having more than that...

Ok, I'll try to tell you which ones are the most annoying...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Make Avalon and Absolute Zero a mod. I recently PMed a moderator about this. =/

As for 56kers, you people should upgrade, and if its not available in your area, then move.

Also, I find vB3 announcements hard to spot...

H

h0tk4rl

muso said:

I'm guilty but I fixed it now :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
There is also an option in your profile to not view signatures, avatars or inline images (

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Very kewl sig h0tk4rl

OP
Avalon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rberry88 said:
There is also an option in your profile to not view signatures, avatars or inline images ( tags) or any combination if you prefer. Might help a 56k'er.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, I don't want to switch them off, because some are really cool... just would like to tell people that a decent size doesn't make them less cool ;)

@ h0tk4rl:
You're on the good way... ;)
your sig's really cool :D

P

PinkPhishDoors

one option that most people with big sigs like me :) can only "show your signature" on the first post of a thread... thats what i do

P

PinkPhishDoors

Also my avatar might be a little big :(

am i right when i assume that people could just make posts long and meaning less?? like this

----------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

am i wrong assuming that that would not be bigger than 15 k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are right, BUT if you read the rules, you would see one image to a set size OR a certain amount of lines :)

P

PinkPhishDoors

oh, i never read the rules, thus resulting in Anarchy... hence the name(AnarKhy:))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thus why people that do not read the rules usually get banned pretty quickly :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eh we might as well just ban him now.. save us all a little trouble.. ;)

just kidding...

or am i?

P

PinkPhishDoors

Well i have an announcement... i have been working undercover for a while, using this name that is labeled "member" but i am truly an admin... so Boo Ya.. you are all banned. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm impersonation of an admin... thats a banable offense...

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Avalon said:
i don't know if you noticed it already, but people more and more use way too big signatures, being it text, pictures or both...
It is quite annoying because it wastes space, and it case of pictures slows down Internet traffic when opening a thread with lots of posts containing them. This might not be an issue if you have broadband, but with a 56k Modem connection it definitely IS an issue.

Anyway, what's the point of a big sig, if the post itself often is only a few words? Isn't the post the most important thing?!?

Just posted a reminder....action to follow ;)

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8945

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.