TimeMachine not updating

Reaction score
Hi

My TimeMachine won't do any more back ups. It says it's because it's full. But I have it selected so when full it deleted older files. But it's clearly not doing this. Any ideas on how I can sort this?

Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can manually remove old backups if Time Machine is not doing it automatically. Just make sure that you remove the backups from within Time Machine itself. In other words, open Time Machine and then look on the right side and decide which backups to remove. Highlight the one you wish to remove and right click, then select delete. You will be asked for your Admin password and the delete will take place. It's slow going because you can only delete one backup at a time and have to repeat the above process each time. Also, be sure to run disk utility and verify your Time Machine external hard drive first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.