Time machine

Reaction score
Will time machine back up all users on my iMac. If I buy a new imac will it restore all users at once,or do they have to be restored one at a time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I believe TM will back up all users. And it should restore all users if you take the first opportunity on the first boot to let it migrate back. At that point the new iMac should import all things from the backup and restore all accounts. At least that is how it has worked for me.

OP
S
Reaction score
I believe TM will back up all users. And it should restore all users if you take the first opportunity on the first boot to let it migrate back. At that point the new iMac should import all things from the backup and restore all accounts. At least that is how it has worked for me.
Thank y’all

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Time Machine does back up all users. If one uses the Migration Assistant utility, individual users/files can be chosen for selective backup.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.