Time Machine

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Yosemite my time machine/time capsule will not preform backups and previous backups are not displayed with I enter time machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Have you also installed the updated 10.10.1 ?
Open the logfile ( Console.app ) , launch a Time Machine backup and watch the entries in the logfile. What do they indicate ?
Search ( or filter ) for log entries that start with " com.apple.backupd " ( without the quotes )

Cheers ... McBie

OP
K
Reaction score
Installed 10.10.1. Did a reset of Time Machine. Been to Genius Bar at Apple Store. Will try console to see what is going on and post with results

OP
K
Reaction score
Got console info but I have no idea what it means. Got message failed to mount disk image and that backup failed with error 21.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
You can take a screen shot of the relevant entries from the logfile and post that here.
We can all have a look and see if we can help.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
K
Reaction score
Patience please. I can get screen shot but how do I "paste" into reply box in Forum?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a feeling there are problems that there are problems that the sparse bundle image file Time Machine uses to store backups on a network drive. Try the following:

1. Look on your Time Capsule and find the sparse bundle file Time Machine is using (probably has the name of your computer).
2. Double-click the sparse bundle to open it. Don't open it in Time Machine.
3. If what appears to be a new drive with the name of the sparse bundle appears on the desktop Launch Disk Utility, select that drive and verify. Repair the drive if necessary.

After this is complete close Disk Utility and eject the drive from the desktop. Now try running a backup and let us know the result.

OP
K
Reaction score
Results in "Unable to attach. (no mountable file systems)" Also, sparse bundle file does not open when I double click on it and size shows ---. my airport time capsule listed as "shared" in Finder.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.