Time Machine error and-or Shared in Finder

Reaction score
I'm not a Mac expert but I do understand computers so I'm going to do my best.

I have a WD MyBookLive device that I'm trying to get working with on a MBP with Lion. I once had this working with SnowLep, and had an issue that caused two shared devices named MyBookLive and MyBookLive-backup listed. I can not access either one and I can log into the web control panel of the WD device so I do know the passwords.

Each time I try to setup Time Machine it will only see the -backup setting and it will not accept the password I have check and reset in the WD device. I have just deleted the file/share on the WD device that from the time stamps is what TM has been trying to complete.

I can not deleted/drag/removed the shared device names, TM still sees the -backup device and I have no idea how where to fix. I will also let you know that I formatted and reloaded the MBP when Lion came out and the issue came back so I assume it might be with the WD device but I need help.

Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
NO!! I updated in the last few weeks and didn't check again. It is updating as I type this so I'll reply in a few.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, I updated the the firmware listed and checked by the device.

In TM, I still only show the -backup shared device that I can not do anything with. The shared device without this, I'm able to view my other shares on the WD drive.

My answer is to find a way to delete this stuck/bad device but so far so good. What might be next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Page 129 in your setup manual says if you reset (small button on the back using a paper clip)with the power on it defaults the password to none and default ip without losing your files.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought, but I"m able to use the web interface on the WD device to gain access to the drive, my issue is on the MBP that keeps finding a device named MyBookLive and another device named MyBookLive-backup in Finder.

I can use finder to access and view the shares i have created on the drive, but in TM I can only see the MyBookLive-backup name and I can not access that device in either place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.