• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Time delay between announcements and availability?

Reaction score
Do Apple have a predictable delay between the announcement of a product and its availability?

I am hoping to get a macbook soon but I know a new one is round the corner so I am going to wait awhile to see what happens. The current rumour suggests that the new one may be announced in September and I will finally be able to afford one about early October.

I was wondering if anyone can guesstimate, based on Apple's previous record, on how long after an announcement is made, when it will be available?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
With the exception of the iPhone, Apples products are usually announced on the same day they are available. And typically on a Tuesday. The student promo goes off on September 15, Monday, and September 16th is a Tuesday. There is my prediction.

If you are planning on buying one in October chances are the updates will be for sale. Then again, this is all predictions. Nothing is set in stone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.