Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
I have a 2 TB airport extreme/time capsule that had been used for time machine backups of my 2 computers and then only my iMac. Only ever having to find a single document that needed to be original, it has been mostly unused. I also do CCClone backups to separate HD and those are the source of any needed items. I decided to use the time capsule HD as a regular backup for my large shared picture and video libraries. Initially I entered Disk Utility and I reformatted/partitioned the disk, but I noticed the only thing it touched was the DATA file and not the whole disk. I then accessed it through the airport utility app and was able to erase the DATA and rename it. Now I am unable to locate the drive through the disk utility. It is still showing in the shared sidebar but it is now missing from devices. How do I access the HD from the time capsule device?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Great, but I opened this thread to see if I could learn something...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.