Time Capsule and new modem problems

Reaction score
Try unsuccessfully to connect a new modem to my time capsule.
Can get Time capsule and modem to recognise each other. Both have green light in Airport Utility. iMac sees time capsule and wireless router. But cannot connect to internet through time capsule on any device.
When I reconnect old modem everything reconnects automatically and all is good with internet.
Why does the new modem not connect as it should?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Is the new modem compatible with your internet service?
Is the modem connecting to your ISP?
Have you connected direct to the modem and set it up to connect to your ISP?
Visited your ISP web site to look up how to set up the new modem?
What modem is it?
Who is your ISP and what type of service do you have?

Reaction score
Similarly, my Time Machine has ceased seeing my Time Capsule even though Airport Utility shows Time Capsule with 2 green spots. (I use it as the internet router) It has always been connected to the same network. I haven't changed anything but this is the third time this phenomena has happened. What can I do please? (other than re-install my Time Capsule from scratch again). There must be some reason for this.

Many thanks for advice. Paul
(Macbook Air, Yosemite, Time Machine connected wirelessly to Netgear network and Time Machine used as Network router to internet.)

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, iOS 8.4, Time capsule not identified by Time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.