Tiger or Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
Currently running Panther on my G4 at home (G5 w/ Tiger @ work) and thhinking of upgrading to Tiger. Do I just wait for Leopard or will I need Tiger to get Leopard?

I saw a site the other day that had Tiger for $79 and now of course cannot find the site. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You won't need Tiger in order to upgrade to Leopard. When it comes out, you can just go and pick up a retail copy and upgrade your system.

If you want to wait for Leopard, keep in mind that it won't be released till October.

Reaction score
You won't need Tiger to be able to then upgrade to Leopard, when it's released. What is important is that the Mac you intend upgrading to Leopard has the necessary minimum specs.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Do I hear an echo? :)

If your home system is running well, if I were you, I'd just wait it out until Leopard is released. No use in upgrading this late in the game.

(Wow - this is the first time I think I've told someone to actually wait for Leopard!)

Reaction score
Currently running Panther on my G4 at home (G5 w/ Tiger @ work) and thhinking of upgrading to Tiger. Do I just wait for Leopard or will I need Tiger to get Leopard?

I saw a site the other day that had Tiger for $79 and now of course cannot find the site. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

I just went thru this same decision-making process. I decided on Tiger - if you decide to do that, you can get a good price at yourmacstore.com.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
Thanks, I decided on Tiger and grabbed one off ebay. Hopefully it will do the trick. I'll definitely upgrade to Leopard when it comes out.

Thanks

Reaction score
upgrade

I got a G4 with 400Mh and 1.5gh ram, which processor I can upgrade and I'm with the OS_X 10.3.9, can I upgrade to an higher OS, if so wich one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It should run 10.4 just fine. But I don't think it meets mhz cpu requirements for leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
yea, leopard needs a minimum of a G4 with 867MHz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.