Thumb Drive showing twice with different names

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the not right place to post this. I have a MacBook Air. I have a Verbatim 32GB thumb drive I want to use to move some files to/from a PC but I had been using it for my MAC. I went in to Disk Utility to put it For some reason it is showing up twice in Disk Utility. Once as Verbatim with 30 GB and once as NO NAME with 200MB. When I put it on my PC I am only seeing the NO NAME. How do I get this to only show up once in Disk Utility? I have tried Erasing to reformat, first aid. Tried is as MS-DOS and EX-Fat. I also tried reformatting on my PC as well.

Thanks in advance!
J

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.58.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.59.04 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum. I think something is missing from your post. You said:
I went in to Disk Utility to put it For some reason it is showing up twice in Disk Utility.
Can you tell us what is missing in that sentence? Do both show up anywhere else, other than in Disk Utility? Finder? If you unmount one or the other partitions, does the hardware show up? And if you could tell us what version of the operating system you are running that would be helpful. You find that by clicking on the  upper left corner, then About This Mac and it will show the machine version and OS version.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I meant to say I went into Disk Utility to put it into MS-DOS (FAT32). I have since figured out my issue. I had the view on by Volume instead of by device. DUH!

Once I switched it to Device I could see the Physical Disk so I could Erase and format it. I now have it to FAT32 and can see it on my PC. I am on Mojave 10.14.6.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Glad you got it sorted out. It's really good to solve your own problems!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.