Thinkin of selling my 15 TiPB and getting a new one..worth it?

S

StealthMode

Just been thinking since the new PowerBooks are out of selling mine and using that money to get a new 15in PB. I got mine last August, 1ghz G4, 512mb SDRAM, 60gb HD, ComboDrive, etc. Well they released the new ones right after I got mine with DDR, faster graphics, the works... Kind of disapointed but I really didn't care. Well now they updated them again, and I am thinkin of possibly selling mine if I can get a good price for it, and buying one of the new ones. What do you guys think? Worth it? Could I get a good price for mine?
Just looking for some suggestions. :cool: Thanx

Stealth -

OP
Y

Yang1815

I just sold my 12" 1GHz SuperDrive and purchased a 12" 1.33GHz SuperDrive. It's not so much of the CPU speed that concerns me but I really want more memory for the graphic card and a faster DVD burner. I think that it comes down to if you have the need or not. If you need it, then start trying to sell your old one and go from there. Good luck! O, how much do you want to sell it for? :-D

OP
S

StealthMode

It cost about...$2400 I belive ($2600, but I dropped the price with the combo drive instead of the super drive) So ideally I'd like to get $2000 maybe? Is that asking too much?

OP
S

StealthMode

Yup. Well I am 98% sure I am going to order my new PB this week, possibly tomorrow...er, well, later today I should say, it's 1am... Anyway, going to sell my current PB and with that cash pay off my new PB.
New specs:
• 1.5GHz PowerPC G4 with 128MB Graphics Memory
• 1GB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 SO-DIMM
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
• SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
• AirPort Extreme Card
• 15.2-inch TFT Display

Subtotal $2,839.00

If and when I sell my PB, does the warranty go with it? Can I transfer my existing warranty to my new PB?
If I wanted to sell my PB with the warranty, what all would I need to do extra since it's all in my name obviously? I'm talking about AppleCare if I wasn't clear before. Or, can I not include that in the sale of my PB? I'm just a little confused about it, thats all. Thanx!

Stealth -

OP
N

nicholas

The Applecare warranty is attached to the PB serial number, so you can't transfer it to another PB. Fooey. After you sell it (which you should tack another $100-200 for) with your PB, just call Apple support and tell them the full name of ther person who purchased it from you. They'll transfer it.

PS-are you not able to get any educational discounts? For your exact setup (the upgraded video card and hard drive) but in the 17" model, I paid $2589 before tax.

OP
S

StealthMode

Alright, that sounds good.

Yea I'm able to get the discount. I'm also getting one stick of 1gb RAM too, just in case I want to upgrade to 2gb... So that tacked on extra as well. Without the discount it'd be over $3k..
All in all, with AppleCare, it will cost me $3k in all about.

Stealth -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.