Themes for IOS 9?

Reaction score
Will Apple allow people to change their app theme in IOS 9??!! How hard is it to change the .Jpg image of icons

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not an Apple rumor or report. No one knows what iOS 9 is gonna have as far as features go but its a good bet that you aren't going to be able to dramatically alter the appear of the iDevice beyond what has been available until now..

Reaction score
I dont expect "theme" feature on iOS and I dont need something like that. This kind of feature may harm stability of iOS. Apple probably wont add something like this.

And also current customization features quite enough for me. If you want to change, alter everything then get an android...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And IMHO, some icons, have had a lot of money spent on the design of them, and I'm sure if a Dev knew Apple allowed someone to change icons, they would have something to say.
Its the very first impression they bestow on a person when they see the App.

There are Apps out there, that will allow you to change icons for Apps, but what they do, is make a alias, and you have to put the original into a separate folder out the way. They also only allow their own in-app icons to be used. They are ugly.

I have also heard that iOS 9 is going to be iOS 8 revamped and more polished, and will have EVERYTHING working how it should be ~ Yes I'm speaking to you iCloud Drive :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are Apps out there, that will allow you to change icons for Apps, but what they do, is make a alias, and you have to put the original into a separate folder out the way. They also only allow their own in-app icons to be used. They are ugly.
They could do something similar with iOS but that would require Apple to cede some control over the ways in which devs can access the filesystem and...well...that isn't going to happen (and honestly, that's not terrible as much as I would love rudimentary filesystem access).

I have also heard that iOS 9 is going to be iOS 8 revamped and more polished, and will have EVERYTHING working how it should be ~ Yes I'm speaking to you iCloud Drive :)
Here's hoping Apple does a "Snow Leopard-esque" release. While I don't think iOS is in any rough shape, it's more than capable enough and could use some time to settle.

Brent, how are you man? I haven't seen you around these parts much lately (or maybe I'm the one out of the loop).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
They could do something similar with iOS but that would require Apple to cede some control over the ways in which devs can access the filesystem and...well...that isn't going to happen (and honestly, that's not terrible as much as I would love rudimentary filesystem access).

And this is exactly what you can do. Im not sure exactly how it works, and why, but if you use a App like this Easy Shortcut Icon you can create shortcuts to your home screen and change the icons. There is also this one and this It works for web app's and bookmarks too, but the way it reads (and I'm sure I have downloaded at one stage a app like it) you can select which App you want to change the icon, it makes a Alias, and you hide your real app in another folder.

Here's hoping Apple does a "Snow Leopard-esque" release. While I don't think iOS is in any rough shape, it's more than capable enough and could use some time to settle.

Fingers crossed, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would like to see a few additions, but to polish it up, and get iCloud perfect, instead of giving a=us a full blown OS would be great.

Brent, how are you man? I haven't seen you around these parts much lately (or maybe I'm the one out of the loop).

Mate, good to be back. I have been away a little, due to a personal battle, and my mum lost her battle with C shortly before Christmas. All in all, I'm doing well, all things considered. I have missed this place, and all my mates, but glad to be back.
I hope you have been behaving and have not been dropping the Ban Hammer too much ;)

EDIT: Too funny. I just opened up my App Store to see a update for Prompt 2 (a ssh client for iOS) and they too just mentioned "Snow Leopard" :) Spooky lol

IMG_0225.PNG

Last edited:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Fingers crossed, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would like to see a few additions, but to polish it up, and get iCloud perfect, instead of giving a=us a full blown OS would be great.
Some polish around the edges would be great. One feature I'd love (but also don't expect to see) is the ability to remove/hide icons from the home screen. As some who never has more than a water bottle on my desk and no more than 0 icons on my Desktop at any given moment, I really crave that minimalist feature.

Mate, good to be back. I have been away a little, due to a personal battle, and my mum lost her battle with C shortly before Christmas. All in all, I'm doing well, all things considered. I have missed this place, and all my mates, but glad to be back.
I'm very sorry to hear that - my (belated) condolences. We're happy to have you back.

I hope you have been behaving and have not been dropping the Ban Hammer too much ;)
Me? No, I'm the nice guy. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some polish around the edges would be great. One feature I'd love (but also don't expect to see) is the ability to remove/hide icons from the home screen. As some who never has more than a water bottle on my desk and no more than 0 icons on my Desktop at any given moment, I really crave that minimalist feature.

True. I would like to be able to uninstall the "Apple" apps I don't use, this would make me smile. It should be doable, unlike OS X, because iOS Apple Apps, don't rely on the System, or iOS doesn't rely on a single App to be able to be useable . . . . Give them time, looking into Jony's early days, and his minimalistic approach, he could be our saviour, on allowing the hide/uninstall feature.

I'm very sorry to hear that - my (belated) condolences. We're happy to have you back.

Me? No, I'm the nice guy. ;)

Cheers mate. We all pulled through, but, my Step Father is the one who is struggling now. He lost a soul mate, and is now deteriorating himself. Its a cruel, cruel world . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
It would be good if they changed the font back to something legible for us older people - sort of like iOS6 and before. Also would be better if we could get rid of the ugly dock strip at the bottom of the Home Screen, or at least make that transparent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.