The video ipod would be perfect if only.....

Reaction score
The screen was bigger. As it stands, it can only be used to transport video not watch it. I also cant figure out how to connect it to a portable DVD player to watch the videos.

Reaction score
I have done exactly what you are wanting. Your portable DVD player must have an A/V input. I have not been able to find a cable to do exactly what you want, but have connected 2 cable together to make it work. Out of the iPod I have the A/V iPod cable connected to the A/V input cable that came with my portable DVD player. You can't simply use a standard Mini jack to mini jack cable because Apple switched the audio and video cables, so you have to have them attached in a different order. That is why I use and iPod cable, and the A/V cable that came with my DVD player. I then just hook them together with the connector you see in the pictures. Hope this helps.
DSC00711.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Does anyone know why the crap Apple switched the order up? It took me so long to realize this when connecting to my tv.

Reaction score
I am sure they did it just to sell a proprietary cable, even though a standard cable for a video camera or anything else will work, as long as you change up the video and audio correctly. I would love to find a 1/8th mini cable with the mini jack on both ends that was converted. It would be perfect for going from the iPod to a portable DVD player and other such devices. I found this URL to make a converter cable, and you could always just put a 1/8th jack on each end. http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/03/create_an_ipod_video_converter.html

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I need.
BryanDuke1 - Where did you buy the connector?

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.