• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The sad state of cinema today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Geez, that is crazy.. I watch about 6-8 movies a week every week. I have done this for years.. I have never seen ANY of those movies.. what does that say about my movie taste? I guess it sucks. ;)

Pi was ok, it got annoying at times IMO. I preferred Requiem for a Dream as far as Aronofsky goes.

Reaction score
Pi was ok, it got annoying at times IMO. I preferred Requiem for a Dream as far as Aronofsky goes.

Agreed

I am actually surprised I haven't seen Memento mentioned in here (May have been). But that movie is one of the most original I have seen to date. If you have not seen this you owe it to yourself to find and BUY a copy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Oh, and I'll always be up for watching a David Lynch film. :) I'll have to watch Memento soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
Israel, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Korea, China, France...etc. don't seem to have any problems doing this.
:black:

wait, are you telling me these countries have nothing but original content all the time? no rehashing of anything? personally i don't watch many foreign films since they don't interest me, but i do know that Japan rehashes a lot of stuff. (Godzilla anyone?) same with France.

Reaction score
Oh, and I'll always be up for watching a David Lynch film. :) I'll have to watch Memento soon!

Can't believe I had forgotten about Lynch's movies (especially since I have been watching Twin Peaks). Mulholland Drive was original even if it made no sense at all.

There are plenty of good movies already out or are coming very soon. You just have to stop watching the mainstream crap and start looking towards the foreign or independent films.

Cooler
Memento
This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Brick
The Machinist
Primer
Oldboy
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Battle Royale (sorry, but it is not like Running Man)
Casshern

I think the title should be changed to " The Sad State of Hollywood Today" as there are tons of good movies, just not ones from Hollywood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I think the title should be changed to " The Sad State of Hollywood Today" as there are tons of good movies, just not ones from Hollywood.

Good point. Most of the good movies today aren't from Hollywood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
That's more of an opinion than a fact, I still enjoy many of the films that hollywood produces.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.