The Redundant Recording Question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2GB DDR2 Ram
Hey guys, I'm new here though I've been reading the forums since I got my MBP in december, this site has already helped me immensely while on the road to fix my iSight, and a couple of other glitches that I've come accross.

Let's lay the foundation shall we? I've been using PCs my whole life, I got this laptop for christmas, and needless to say I'm very impressed so far, with a few exceptions, but nothing's perfect, right?

Anyway, I'm in a band and we were hoping to do the preproduction for our next record on my MBP. I've got recording experience that stretches about as far as doing track by track crap with one mic in my basement. This being said, I've also been in lots of good studio and I understand how to do it properly (to some degree anyway).

My question is this : what can I use that's relatively simple to do preproduction/maybe learn how to start doing this properly? I've got some kind of USB interface but I couldn't get it to work, mind you I had downloaded a pirated version of Pro Tools, I couldn't get that to work either.

Getting mics is not a problem, my singer can hook us up with that and possible even some other goodies. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Garageband and stuff from this page should help. I have the Fast track USB but haven't got around to trying it yet...

Reaction score
Soundtrack Pro is a good program to use as well.... although the best way to start is with GarageBand. it is so simple but yet so effective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
learn to use garageband inside and out, then move on to Logic Express/Pro. That would be my recommendation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.