The Logitech MX900

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I want this mouse. It haunts me in my sleep. It seems to appear in the corner of my eye at random moments. I dream about it. I need this mouse, and I need it now. Need to make use of my internal bluetooth that is, if it hasn't failed...

Logitech's site says it's for PC. I read that it works with Macs, but there are some flaws.

Someone. Please help me. Is this going to work on my Mac? Can I configure it with Exposé?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Should work fine. I have a MX700 but I dont use Logitec's software, I use USBOverdrive. Works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
As long as it's USb I see no worries

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
It is bluetooth.

I did some reasarch soon after posting this, I had done it before but no help. It should work.

Anyone want to give me $100? :p

J

Joeytpg

i got the Logitech MX-510 it's a great mouse, (i wanted the MX-500 to match the powerbook, but they ran out. i must admit that it's taken me a little bit of time getting used to, 'cause it's quite big compared to my old mouse. but i'm feeling better about it as the days go by

the mouse that hunts me in my sleep is the apple pro mouse!! (i love the feel of that mouse!!........CAN ANYONE DONATE HIS/HERS to me if you're not using it!?!?!? :D)

oh and you may ask, "why didn't you get the apple mouse if you liked it so much?" well....i tought that the one button thing would have been a problem......but honestly i have the Ctrl key over there if i need the right click and for normal tasks like internet, word processing etc. i've realized the apple mouse would rock! :D......plus it's the cutest mouse! :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate the one button... and I hate the trackpad... but the Apple Mouse is okay. It's just not what I want.

J

Joeytpg

anyways.....i'll let you know......the Logitech MX- series (500, 510, 700, 900) are GREAT!!....you'll love EM!....but why don't you buy the MX500 (it's the optical one WITH cord).....i tell ya...i have the MX510 (it's the same as the MX500, but it's not silver & black, it's redish and it's a little bit more precise, at least that's what they say) and i love it.......the cord is VERY long so it won't be in your way........ plus it's a ****-lotta cheaper than the MX900, and it's 100% guaranted that'll work with your mac.............mine has 8 buttons and each and everyone of em work. ;)

i still want the Apple Mouse tho!......that's a cute mouse, plus you can feel the "strong/well buildness" :D :D but that's just me!

P.S.

i agree with you on the trackpad thing....THEY s*ck!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I need to make use of my bluetooth, and every mouse I've owned, including an Apple Pro Mouse, their USB cables snap. Then I got a wireless, and the base broke... so Logitech MX900 all the way. :D

J

Joeytpg

well in your case......you need to try the bluetooth option so that your luck changes! hehehe

who knows...maybe new technology will bring you light and luck! hehehe

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently that luck doesn't come with hard drives.

T

taxxman2k

I can say it works great! Only downside is battery life. a week or so and it is time to recharge it. You can use a program called GamePad Companion to setup the remainder of the buttons on it. It is a very nice mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.