The icons have disappeared in my Finder sidebar

Reaction score
The icons have disappeared in my finder sidebar. They are all on the right hand side but I want them in the sidebar. If I go to Sidebar in Preferences, all the icon boxes are ticked so what am I doing wrong?
All help gratefully received.
Roger

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What icons are you talking about? We can't see your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac 24" M1 512/16/8/8 Sonoma. 2013 iMac 20.5" 3.1 i7 16GB Catalina. iPhone 13
Bit of a long shot BUT - In the side bar can you still see Favourites and Locations?

If you can, are you aware that alongside those headings are arrows or the word Hide/Show which only show when you hover over the heading and clicking on them should reveal the items you are looking for.........maybe!

OP
R
Reaction score
Brilliant! I clicked the arrow next to Favourites and they all appeared again! Thank you so much. But why would anyone want to design an interface in that way? I can't think of any reason why you would want to hide them

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I can't think of any reason why you would want to hide them

Some people don't like a long list of clutter in their sidebar and prefer to unhide whatever they need as appropriate.

BTW, I think pine man deserves a "Like".

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.