• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Gather Inn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
We are very sunny here today which is good….winter can be such a drag when you are buried in dull grey skies…

I must admit it's getting a bit of boring here with all the rain and mostly grey skies we have been having here lately and more for the rest of the week and the week coming by the looks of things and the forecast, but I guess it is The Wet West Coast so one shouldn't expect too much different.

I am not too surprised that some of my wife's local friends are heading off to their Mazatlán Condo today.

And yes, Some of the recent Mexico shootings was just outside their Condo area.

Not for this guy thank you very much, Plus I don't like the Extreme heat even if they do have a pool and a bit cooler ocean that nobody seems to swim in.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
Noon today was -18C and feels like -27

I’m staying in and working in the studio needless to say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is why I have a cat ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is why I have a cat ;)

And a smelly house, If it uses an indoor litterbox.

I know, yours "doesn't smell" 'cause you cannot normally smell it. That's what they all say... ;-)

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right because dogs don’t make a smelly house 🤣

lit you keep on top of things it’s fine. When we had 3 it was really challenging but we just have the one now in a large house so it’s quite manageable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right because dogs don’t make a smelly house 🤣

No, but dogs usually have a more tolerant odour smell, at least with most breeds, and the general smell of wet fur isn't too bad... ;-)

Just hope that they haven't rolled in a dead rotting fish or come across a bad meeting with a skunk...
And why do they have such a smirk on their face when they do???
The worse the stink, the bigger the smirk it seems.

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
"Me Too" - we've had Siamese cats all our married life. They don't smell - they inhale :ROFLMAO:

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I’ve had quite a few of them, generally rescues, challenges at first. Great cats.

we have just the one now, my wife found out she’s allergic to cats after having some issues, after all these years having so many, so we will take a break from them after our senior seal point passes down the road. She’s 15, deaf, has asthma and hyperthyroidism, shrieks her head off several times in the night (you get used to it…) and is extremely attached to us. I have found Siamese cats to be much cleaner than the others I had. I took in a huge monster of a tabby/Norwegian forest cat a number of years ago (26 pounds of to heck with you) and man that cat went through a serious amount of cat litter. Wow. That thing pooped like a human.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I’ve had quite a few of them,

We have also had several as well over the years, each with their own personality.

Did you know that the original Siamese cats were substantially larger than theose normally found these days, and were originally used to guard the monk's missionaries and trained to attack unwanted visitors when given the command.

Can you imagine being shredded to death with their sharp claws???

Definitely not a very nice way to die.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do know their history, I’ve been into these cats for decades since I first took one in who badly needed somewhere safe to stay. I began taking in rescues in the early 90s, the first from a crack house poor thing and I can very well imagine being shredded by their claws because it took her months to let me near her. I think I still have a few scars from just trying to feed her. But she turned into the biggest cuddle cat ever in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A lotta jokes on this this morning!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone watch the Grammys last night? I had a chuckle at the uk headline. “Unknown blues player”. Blues player ha ha ha. She only won like 14 Grammies and lifetime achievement award…

Most of it escapes me but I did like Brandi Carlisle.

Attachments

• 4EFF88FB-AC8E-4669-889B-607E30A92725.jpeg
    4EFF88FB-AC8E-4669-889B-607E30A92725.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Anyone watch the Grammys last night? I had a chuckle at the uk headline. “Unknown blues player”. Blues player ha ha ha. She only won like 14 Grammies and lifetime achievement award…

Most of it escapes me but I did like Brandi Carlisle.
Hi Groove, I have one almost as good. I was uploading a Garth Brooks song sheet to a ukulele site in the U.K. and the admin posted a YouTube video of him playing the song. So I asked would he want transcriptions and videos posted together.….he wrote back he wouldn’t do it as a rule but when you post one for an obscure artist, it may help the users. Was dumb struck.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hey Groove,

Thanks for including the pic with your post. I saw the "unknown blues player" biot first and wondered who it was that could still be considered unknown after that many awards. Besides, I'm always looking for new artists.

Then I took a good look at the pic and thought "*** she's not unknown". What moron could have thought that comment up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hard to know! Maybe the same ones that didn’t know who Paul McCartney was and thought Kanye west ‘discovered him’ would really help his career take off!

I have seen plenty of hilarious things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have seen plenty of hilarious things.

Many of the so-called NEWS and journalistic places certainly seem to have their fair share of comedy and what they call their reporting these days, unfortunately, some of it to the point of being annoying, often with bad grammar or diction in their videos.

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Morning all….very sunny and warming here…will hit 10c today.
Went and saw the new Avatar yesterday…. I’ll get the rating out of the way…it’s a good film, which borders on excellent….it’s over 3 hours held back my rating.
While the same main story..idyllic world invaded by big earth corp supported by Marines…it is an amazingly beautiful movie to watch. My one complaint is that a number of the scenes seemed like a production competition as to who could make the most beautiful segments while not adding much to the plot. Also, we know that sequels are coming.
If you haven’t seen it go…..a large screen tv won’t do it Justice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I loved the first one, mainly because wow it looked great. I bet this one is no exception.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.