Text recording a conversation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
In several apps, when I try to write something when a conversation is taking place nearby, bits of the conversation suddenly appear as text on the screen. How do I disable this feature?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How do I disable this feature?

Are you attempting to use text using your keyboard when using the conversation applications or using some sort of dictation software that you have possibly enabled?

Also, what Mac or iDevice ate you using and what OS version?

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
In several apps, when I try to write something when a conversation is taking place nearby, bits of the conversation suddenly appear as text on the screen. How do I disable this feature?

It sounds like you have Speech To Text enabled.

Go into System Preferences (Settings) --> Keyboard --> Dictation --> disable dictation

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
It sounds like you have Speech To Text enabled.

Go into System Preferences (Settings) --> Keyboard --> Dictation --> disable dictation
I eventually found Keyboard etc in Settings/General but dictation wasn’t enabled. I rang Apple whose technical guy discovered that it was something to do with Voice Control in Settings/Accessibility. Problem solved with his help.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.